Festival goers! 2020 is your chance to sport the jacket you’ve been dying to buy since last festival season. The best part about your purchase? Versatility. You’ll be wearing it outside of festivals – to brunch, to that holiday party, on Friday night hitting the town.
First, let’s talk about the fashion statement you’ll be making at the festival. This year, it’s all about you and your [unique] desires when it comes to finding the perfect jacket. What is your niche when it comes to making that fashion statement? Faux fur, sequins, poncho, or the casual jean jacket? No one is deciding for you. The creative freedom is all yours, and I am excited to see which one (or two) you choose.
Take some time to answer these informative questions, and you will be well on your way to making a great choice worthwhile investment.
- What are you thinking about pairing the jacket with? This may be the most important step. The last thing you want is to buy a jacket that speaks to you and have nothing to wear with it. At the very least, have a vague idea in mind as to what you can pair with it. Is it shorts, tights, or is it a romper? Can you wear the jacket with multiple outfits, or is it a one-wear article of clothing?
- What type of festivals will you be attending? Are they “ragers”, or are they a little more dialed back? Do you want to stand out or fit in with the rest of the crowd?
- Does it fit? If the store does not have the right size, don’t try to make it fit. There are plenty of great options out there, and you don’t want to make a purchase you regret because it doesn’t fit when you need it to.
- What kind of fabric do I want? Let’s be real. If it’s itchy or scratchy, you won’t wear it. Find your favorite fabric and own it.
- Is it comfortable? Do you want to wear it all day/night? Is it easy to take off and/or tie around your waist? Is your outfit dependent on it?
- Is it easy to wash? More than likely, you’re going to sweat in this jacket. Do you want to have to take it to the dry-cleaners, or are you able to wash it at home?
Maybe for you, it’s the year you’re going to be making a statement; or you may be looking to dial it back a bit. Whatever route you are choosing, take a look at the jackets below and gain a sense of some of the greatest fashion of the season. Jackets range from classic all the way to over-the-top, burning-man style.
We all know festival clothing is the time to shine and is ultimately the time to show how your fashion statement is the best one at the party. Rock that jacket with confidence and know that, whichever one you choose, it’s the right one.